At WaBlusPets we are committed to ensuring your personal information is protected and never misused.
- What information do we collect about you?
When you make a purchase online or over the telephone, or sign up to our newsletter, you will be asked to provide the following information: title, first name, surname, postal address, contact telephone number, email address and payment information. When purchasing online, we also record your IP address. When entering competitions, you will be asked to provide your full name, postal address, contact details and email address.
- Who is collecting the information?
WaBlusPets is the data controller for the personal data. Our address is 47 Tombridge Crescent, Kinsley, Pontefract WF9 5HB.
- How is information collected?
Personal information is collected in one or more of the following ways:
- When you register for an account with us
- When you request a catalogue
- When you place an order either by telephone or online, as a guest or registered customer
- When you sign up to receive our newsletters or e-shots
- When you contact us via our website
- When you communicate with us by telephone or email
- When you provide us with your contact details at a show or in our shop
- When you visit our premises, we use CCTV for security monitoring purposes
The information is gathered in a form that you will fill in, wither online or on paper, with the exception of your IP address, which is logged automatically by our systems.
- Why is information being collected?
Our primary legal basis for collecting your personal information is contractual – we need it to carry out the transactions agreed between you and WaBlusPets etc. We may also process your personal information based on our legitimate interest in performing marketing activities, but we will only send you communications if you have given your consent for us to do so. We may also have a legal obligation to share your information for law enforcement purposes, for example to detect, investigate and report fraud or other crimes.
- How will information be used?
Information we collect about you is used to provide the service and products that you expect from us. We use the information you provide us with as follows:
- To respond to queries
- To fulfil orders and catalogue requests
- To provide you with invoices, statements and (for online customers only) order confirmations by email
- To communicate with you
- To manage your account
- To provide post-sale service and support for your products
- To tell you about new products, offers and events, if you say that’s okay (you can opt out at any time)
- To provide you with delivery notifications by email and/or SMS
- For fraud screening processes
- Who is information shared with?
We do not sell your information to anyone and will only share it as outlined in this policy or if you ask us to. We share your information with certain third parties who provide services on our behalf – they only receive the information that they need to carry out that service. Our providers fall into the following categories:
- Delivery Companies – For you to receive your goods, we work with a number of delivery companies. They will provide notifications by email and/or SMS.
- Payment Processors – We work with trusted third-party payment processing providers in order to securely take and manage payments.
If necessary, we may also share your details with debt recovery companies, or if we are required to do so by law.
- How long is information kept?
We will keep your personal information for as long as we need to, to be able to use it for the reasons stated in this policy, and for as long as we are required to by law. For example, we may need to establish, bring or defend legal claims, in which case your personal information will be kept for 7 years after the date that it is no longer needed by us for any of the purposes listed in Section 5. The only exceptions are where:
- The law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner;
• You exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with and of the reasons permitted or required under the law;
• We bring or defend a legal claim or other proceedings during the period we retain your personal information, in which case we will retain your personal information until those proceedings have concluded and no further appeals are possible; or
- In limited cases, existing or future law or a court or regulator requires us to keep your personal information for a longer or shorter period.
- Links to third party websites.
To help you make an informed choice about your purchase, we sometimes provide links to third party websites. We cannot take responsibility for content found on third party sites and we have no control over how they collect your personal data. Third party websites may have their own privacy polices explaining their use of your personal data and you should carefully review those polices before using these websites.
- How your personal data is protected.
We work closely with third-party services to maintain the security and performance of our site, and therefore the security of your information. We achieve this by using appropriate technical and organisational measures, including encryption and access restrictions. We ensure our staff are adequately trained in handling and protecting your personal information.
- Your rights and access to your information
You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you, as well as the right to amend or update it. You also have the right to object to our use of your personal information for certain purposes, the right to ask us to restrict our use of your personal information and the right to ask us to delete information about you. If you would like to exercise any of your rights regarding your personal information, please email email@example.com or write to us at the following address:
WaBlusPets, 47 Tombridge Crescent, Kinsley, Pontefract WF9 5HB.
More information about your rights can be found at www.ico.ork.uk, the official website for the Information Commissioners Office in the UK. Complaints about the misuse of data can be directed to the ICO, however we encourage you to contact us before lodging any complaint so that we can seek to resolve the matter for you.
Should you wish to contact us, write to:
Data Protection Department, WaBlusPets 47 Tombridge Crescent, Kinsley, Pontefract WF9 5HB or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Data Protection Enquiry.
Revised 04.06.2020 [JM]
This policy is designed to help you understand what cookies are, how WaBlusPets etc uses them and the choices you have regarding their use.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer or other device when you visit the Site. This allows the Site to recognise you as a user either for the duration of your visit (a ‘session cookie’) or for repeat visits (a ‘persistent cookie’). They are not harmful and do not contain any of your personal information.
1) To help us track usage patterns so that we can improve and manage our site
2) To allow the site to remember which items are placed in your shopping basket
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.